Tuesday, September 13, 2005

My own irrelevance

Paul Mirengoff of Powerline wonders if the liveblogging of the Roberts confirmation hearings is "the 61st minute for windbag senators." What ever happened to CSPAN 3? Also, each blogger has his own bias, not unlike the bias of the Wall Street Journal or the New York Times. What's so special about bloggers?

My view is that blogging simplifies and diversifies the information dissemination process, but not to such a radical degree as to render either the traditional media or "windbag senators" obsolete. First, only people who are interested enough will read blogs and/or newspapers; they comprise a self selective group. Second, these people have, generally, their own biased opinions about the issues in general and senators and the nominee specifically, and usually turn to the media - including blogs - to validate these opinions with selected facts.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And given that this blogger is himself biased, I feel that we can fully disregard the validity of his entire post. I am proud to concur wholly with his irrelevance. :-D

11:07 PM  
Blogger Tory said...

I would hasten to add that this is reminiscent of your previous work where you said, "In short, I have had a crisis of faith in my blogging. Hopefully, I am now sufficiently confident of the importance of my perspective that I am compelled to share it with the world," apparently you've still yet to resolve the question of justification by blogging alone :)

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's President Bush's position on Roe vs. Wade?


Answer: He doesn't care how people get out of New Orleans.

hahaha

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home