Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Justification

by blogging alone?

I have taken quite the vacation from this blog, but not without several good excuses. I started off the winter term with a severe sinus infection and a resultant case of intense bronchitis. Good news: since January 10, I've smoked 8 cigarettes while sober, down from an average of 20 per day in the month before. Oh, and my bronchitis is almost gone now.

I feel I owe further explanation as to why I neglected a project I began so recently. It's simple: I'm at a loss as to what purpose a blog such as this should serve. I'm not going to reveal the intricacies and intimacies of my life here, thereby eliminating much bloggable material. Second, after reading two newspapers, seven blogs, and two MSM websites each morning, I feel like I have heard quite enough about what is going on in the world. In terms of information, that is. Ostensibly, a blog is a forum for personal opinions to be easily and widely disseminated. In the past month, I have found ample fora for my opinions in the form of personal conversations, email messages, and telephone calls. How outdated of me.

In short, I have had a crisis of faith in my blogging. Hopefully, I am now sufficiently confident of the importance of my perspective that I am compelled to share it with the world. For what good is faith in myself if not made perfect by its expression in works? Namely, the sharing of those opinions as eminently worthy of consideration by the world at large.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tory said...

"In short, I have had a crisis of faith in my blogging. Hopefully, I am now sufficiently confident of the importance of my perspective that I am compelled to share it with the world. For what good is faith in myself if not made perfect by its expression in works? Namely, the sharing of those opinions as eminently worthy of consideration by the world at large."

So, does this mean you're going to start blogging more? Or are you just saying that you don't know what to write? You can write all sorts of stuff...follow the link to my if you need inspiration...sometimes it's fun just to comment on the news or a thought you had...there's no formula. It's just fun.

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home